Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
»  WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE CHRISTMAS PHOTO COMPETITION
Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm by TracyDi

» MY BEAUTIFUL BOY JOSH
Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm by simbalove

» welcome libgor
Sat May 27, 2017 7:12 pm by Michele

» Little Guy in Swansea needs a new home
Wed May 24, 2017 11:19 am by simbalove

» Hi my 2 well I think Shih tzus
Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:34 pm by Michele

» Welcome Wedgiewolves
Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 pm by sands-62

» Welcome Sally
Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm by simbalove

» Welcome nettesteve1
Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:33 pm by Michele

» Hello from Canada
Thu May 12, 2016 8:11 am by sujay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar


My Darling Angel Boy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Darling Angel Boy

Post by Dollysmum on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:53 pm

My darling Angel Boy Teddy went to eternal sleep on 17th July of this year. He was diagnosed with CHF in February and despite all our care, love and a cocktail of medication he lost the battle. He was just ten years old Sad. We miss him so very much. Sleep well my little boy xxxxxx
avatar
Dollysmum
Puppy
Puppy

Registration date : 2012-09-23
Number of posts : 31
Age : 56
Location : UK
Points : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: My Darling Angel Boy

Post by sands-62 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Run free on Rainbow bridge little one. I am sad for you as I do know what you are going through my Daughter had the same experience with her Cocker Spaniel at the end of June and we all went through the pain the family were suffering . Bless her Beattie was only 2 1/2 years old
avatar
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2009-10-24
Number of posts : 3553
Age : 70
Location : West Wales
Points : 3821

http://csanderson93@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My Darling Angel Boy

Post by Dollysmum on Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:11 pm

2 1/2 ?? Oh my, how awful Sad
avatar
Dollysmum
Puppy
Puppy

Registration date : 2012-09-23
Number of posts : 31
Age : 56
Location : UK
Points : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: My Darling Angel Boy

Post by Liz b on Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:33 pm

What is chf if u don't mind me asking that's so sad lil Teddy RIP
avatar
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2012-02-13
Number of posts : 1515
Age : 31
Location : At home
Points : 1859

Back to top Go down

Re: My Darling Angel Boy

Post by simbalove on Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:41 pm

So sorry to hear about your loss - it is devastating to lose them but I would rather go through that grief than never have been loved by one of these beautiful animals.

You don't say how old he was - though it doesn't matter it hurts however long or short a time they stay with you xxxx

_________________
avatar
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10568
Age : 61
Location : Rhondda Cynon Taf, South Wales UK
Points : 8210

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: My Darling Angel Boy

Post by Dollysmum on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:25 pm

Liz b wrote:What is chf if u don't mind me asking that's so sad lil Teddy RIP


Liz, CHF = Congestive Heart Failure. Usually there is a heart murmur detected by the vet and they prescribe Fortikor. Teds was diagnosed with a slight heart murmur some years ago but it seemed to right itself. The 'failure' was or appeared to be quite sudden. We noticed a slight cough in February and thought not much about it other than he may have a dry throat. We took him to our vet who, usually quite a positive and cheerful type, looked rather too serious for my liking. After XRays, he diagnosed that Teddy was actually failing and prescribed Fortikor, Vetmedin and Fruisemide. He rallied considerably and we thought we'd bought a bit of time and took him on what was to be his last holiday on the wonderful Isle of Mull. He went downhill quite rapidly, it was as though the bulbs on a chandelier were going out one by one. Sad Horrible.
avatar
Dollysmum
Puppy
Puppy

Registration date : 2012-09-23
Number of posts : 31
Age : 56
Location : UK
Points : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: My Darling Angel Boy

Post by Dollysmum on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:28 pm

simbalove wrote:So sorry to hear about your loss - it is devastating to lose them but I would rather go through that grief than never have been loved by one of these beautiful animals.

You don't say how old he was - though it doesn't matter it hurts however long or short a time they stay with you xxxx

Simbalove, Teds was just Ten years old. We had almost nine fantastic years, with the most fabulous little dog. He was a one off. Even the groomers were devastated Sad They absolutely loved him and called him their 'Little Gentleman'. He never flinched when being trimmed or bathed. I was blessed.

Dolly is my gorgeous girl - but she is like a demon in comparison Smile
avatar
Dollysmum
Puppy
Puppy

Registration date : 2012-09-23
Number of posts : 31
Age : 56
Location : UK
Points : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: My Darling Angel Boy

Post by Liz b on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:31 pm

I am so sorry to hear that poor lil man ! X
avatar
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2012-02-13
Number of posts : 1515
Age : 31
Location : At home
Points : 1859

Back to top Go down

Re: My Darling Angel Boy

Post by sujay on Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Sorry about Teddy, the fact you are so devastated shows how much you loved him, and how much you cared. Losing a pet is one of the most horrible things to go through, especially when it is so sudden, but each day it will get a little easier. You will never forget Teddy, but Dolly will help to heal the hurt you are feeling at the minute. teddy hug
avatar
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-07-19
Number of posts : 2636
Age : 57
Location : Swansea
Points : 2950

Back to top Go down

Re: My Darling Angel Boy

Post by simbalove on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:08 pm

Dollysmum wrote:
Liz b wrote:What is chf if u don't mind me asking that's so sad lil Teddy RIP


Liz, CHF = Congestive Heart Failure. Usually there is a heart murmur detected by the vet and they prescribe Fortikor. Teds was diagnosed with a slight heart murmur some years ago but it seemed to right itself. The 'failure' was or appeared to be quite sudden. We noticed a slight cough in February and thought not much about it other than he may have a dry throat. We took him to our vet who, usually quite a positive and cheerful type, looked rather too serious for my liking. After XRays, he diagnosed that Teddy was actually failing and prescribed Fortikor, Vetmedin and Fruisemide. He rallied considerably and we thought we'd bought a bit of time and took him on what was to be his last holiday on the wonderful Isle of Mull. He went downhill quite rapidly, it was as though the bulbs on a chandelier were going out one by one. Sad Horrible.

That is so sad Sad and it is awful to lose them so young (10 is not old in this breed but I have not always been blessed with long-living ones) - but he had a wonderful life with you and he will always be in your heart xxxx

_________________
avatar
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10568
Age : 61
Location : Rhondda Cynon Taf, South Wales UK
Points : 8210

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: My Darling Angel Boy

Post by carlita on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:30 pm

So sorry for your loss, we lost one at 6 years old with the same thing, it realy is heartbreaking, hope your happy memories help you xx
avatar
carlita
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Registration date : 2008-10-03
Number of posts : 691
Age : 62
Location : Anglesey
Points : 772

http://www.freewebs.com/carlitashihtzus

Back to top Go down

Re: My Darling Angel Boy

Post by Dollysmum on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:04 pm

thank you Carlita. 6 years is so very young Sad
avatar
Dollysmum
Puppy
Puppy

Registration date : 2012-09-23
Number of posts : 31
Age : 56
Location : UK
Points : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: My Darling Angel Boy

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum