Shih Tzu Whispers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Sleep Well
Nosodes and Tuppence EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 3:29 pm by simbalove

» Hi New Member
Nosodes and Tuppence EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm by simbalove

»  WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE CHRISTMAS PHOTO COMPETITION
Nosodes and Tuppence EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm by TracyDi

» MY BEAUTIFUL BOY JOSH
Nosodes and Tuppence EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm by simbalove

» welcome libgor
Nosodes and Tuppence EmptySat May 27, 2017 7:12 pm by Michele

» Little Guy in Swansea needs a new home
Nosodes and Tuppence EmptyWed May 24, 2017 11:19 am by simbalove

» Hi my 2 well I think Shih tzus
Nosodes and Tuppence EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:34 pm by Michele

» Welcome Wedgiewolves
Nosodes and Tuppence EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 pm by sands-62

» Welcome Sally
Nosodes and Tuppence EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm by simbalove

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Nosodes and Tuppence

3 posters

Go down

Nosodes and Tuppence Empty Nosodes and Tuppence

Post by x Sat May 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Hi everyone. Well Tuppence is at the vets on Tuesday for a general check up ( she would be due her first booster and as a few of you know I have chosen to use Homeopathic Nosodes). She then has an appointment with the Homeopathic Vet Christopher Day by telephone on May 10 and he will prescibe the Nosodes after a consultation. I'm posting this info for anyone else who may be interested in choosing this method but at present is sitting on the fence. I will keep you all informed of our progress and answer any questions if you give me time to get the correct information . I have found it difficult to find people myself who have chosen this method that I could chat with so I thought that as I am going to do this if people wanted to chat to me about it I will pass on the info that has convinced me to do it this way. Just in case you are worried about price it is no more expensive than conventional medicine and it has no known side effects . I will let you know how my telephone consulation goes with Mr Day.

x
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Registration date : 2009-07-29
Number of posts : 520

Back to top Go down

Nosodes and Tuppence Empty Re: Nosodes and Tuppence

Post by BernieB Sat May 01, 2010 10:16 pm

Quick question. Will dogs be admitted to boarding kennells with this type of booster. teddy hug
BernieB
BernieB
Graduate
Graduate

Registration date : 2009-07-30
Number of posts : 199

Back to top Go down

Post by x Sun May 02, 2010 9:05 am

Depends on the Kennels some will some wont. But you are given a certificate to certify that your dog is protected with the nosodes. Interesting to add though that some research has been done in kennels to ascertain the efficacy of nosodes regarding Kennel Cough in a kennel environment and it was extremely succeessful. May I sugest that you look up Christopher Day on the internet he runs the Alternative Veterinary Medicine Centre near Oxford .Thankyou for replying teddy hug

x
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by BernieB Sun May 02, 2010 4:37 pm

Very interesting I will look into that further. ~Thanks teddy hug
BernieB
BernieB
Graduate
Graduate

Registration date : 2009-07-30
Number of posts : 199

Back to top Go down

Post by x Tue May 11, 2010 8:30 pm

Hi everyone . I have had my telephone consultation with the Homeopathic Vet Mr Day and it was very comprehensive indeed. I was asked a lot off questions over why I had decided to use the Nosodes and what knowledge I had about them.Then he asked questions about my dogs lifestyle and feeding. I think I may have failed a bit on the fact I have not progressed to feeding my dog on a complete raw diet ( I explained I was veggie but it didn't work as he is also veggie) He didnt chastise me too much though as he allowed me to feed the Burns food as it is one of the few completely independant manufacturers with all ingredients being sourced or grown by the company itself. I want to feed raw but if any of you can give advice on this I am willing to learn I am confused about the chicken wings and the possibility of bone splinters worries me. I have been given a web address to check out from Mr Day Naturalfeeding.co.uk it is one of his web sites so I'll look at it after I have done this post. Any way back to the Nosodes... they are tiny pills that do contain the infected tissue of animals that have had Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis and Parvovirus enough to help stimulate a response. I do not have to give the kennel Cough it is optional unless she goes into kennels. and my experince of kennels is not good so she will never go into one. All in all I was very impressed with Mr Day and his thoroughness and look forward to my supply of Nosodes arriving in the post along with a certificate of supply. I'll let you know about dosage and frequency once they have arrived. I have the backing of my own vet about this so consider myself very lucky indeed to have her support, Mr Day himself said it was nice to hear of an enlightend Vet as most are not very supportive. Nosodes and Tuppence 244144 Thought this emoticon very apt Nosodes and Tuppence Lol

x
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Tue May 11, 2010 9:26 pm

That sounds very a comprehensive consultation and knowing how good your vet has been regarding this it sounds great to me! I will be interested to see how you get on - and may even consider talking to my vet about this too. (But for now I will stick with the tried and tested method of vaccination - as I am a little tentative about things at the moment!)

As for the chickenm wings - Josh ate only that for the first 18 months of his life and to be honest he didn't have any problem with them. once the little monkey swallowed the bone whole and promptly regurgitated it lol! but he only did that once! I used to disect the wings into three pieces at the natural joints just to mak sure he didn't try and gobble the whole wing without chewing them.

I don't feed them now because the Natures Menu diet I feed is a mixture of whole chicken, tripe, kidney, heart and liver with a few peas and carrots all nicely ground and then formed into bitesize chunks. It is so easy to lift out the required number of nuggets each day and not only have I got a bit lazy but Josh has too as he would rather not have to crunch up his chicken wings! The reason this works better for me is that he only enjoyed the wings fresh and I was wasting such a lot because if I kept them in the fridge they went off before I could use them and if I froze them he refused to eat them oncew thawed!! In the end I couldn't justify all those little chickens losing their lives for me to throw their wings away Sad
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10573

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by x Wed May 12, 2010 8:18 am

Hi Simbalove thanks for your reply.Mr day himself has not vaccinnated his animals for over 35 years being one of the few to pioneer the fact that annual vaccinnation is not necessary as you cant top up immunity they either have it or they dont all the extra vaccinne in their bodies just stores up a whole lot of autoimmune problems later in life. His animals cats and dogs live a high risk lifestyle being on the premises of a busy veterinary practice they are exposed to lots of infection. How interesting though that vets and pharmaceutical companies are now saying Distemper Hepatitis and parvovirus is only necessary every 3 years and lepto yearly, although lepto is a bacterial infection caught from a source where you will find rats inhabiting, through either thier urine or infected water or eating infected rats, so that one you may have to consider if you walk your dog near a place most likely to fit those criteria.Though the vaccinne for Lepto does diminish and probably is no longer protecting them after 6 months anyway, I know I'm probably asking you to suck eggs here but some-one else reading this may not be so informed.Will talk again when my parcel arrives. I am going to try the chicken wings with baited breath Tuppence does enjor raw meaty knuckle bones so I know she will relish them,its me that has the problem being veggie Nosodes and Tuppence Lol

x
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Wed May 12, 2010 2:19 pm

It certainly makes you think doesn't it??

God luck with the chicken wings lol!
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x Fri May 14, 2010 4:48 pm

Today my Nosodes arrived.I have a certificate of supply from Mr day,of which I shall give a copy of to my Vet as she requested so that they can keep her records up to date and any other vet she may be seen by will be aware of her vaccine status. The pilules as they like to refer to them are not as small as I was expecting but small enough that I am hoping they will go in easy enough. Apparently I am not to worry if they are spat out as long as they remain in her mouth for 30 seconds they will have done their job. I can also dissolve them in cooled boiled water and syringe the liquid into her mouth. Very important that I do not touch the pilules so I think I shall buy one of thost gadgets for placing pills in animals. So far I think this not going to be to much hassle. The dosage is as follows:-
1 tablet twice daily for 3 days then
1 tablet twice weekly for 3 weeks then
1 tablet once monthly for 6 months then
1 tablet twice daily for one day every six months for her lifetime.
Haven't bought any chicken wings yet Simbalove ( I'm a coward Nosodes and Tuppence Lol ) Hope this is of help to anyone out there with similar feeling toward vaccines as I have had, Mr Day is a very nice person to chat with and I'm very glad to have found him.

x
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Fri May 14, 2010 7:00 pm

Let us know how you get on. How often do you need to have the titre test done to check the level of antibodies??

I have to admit that after a long discussion with my vet this afternoon, he has convinced me to have Josh's booster (much to Josh's horror I might add as he climbed up and almost over my head to escape!) - but I will watch this thread with interest and anything you can find on the subject I would be glad to read xxxxx
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x Fri May 14, 2010 11:05 pm

I decided not to have the Titer test done as both my vet and Mr Day agreed that as boosters are only recommended now on a 2/3 year cycle it would have shown that her antibodies were in the 'no need to vaccinate' bracket any way, and she would have no antibodies to leptospirosis as this one decreases over the year anyway. So no point in wasting my money on the blood test , which would have been expensive to find out the obvious. Incidentely had she gone for boosters she would only have had the Leptospirosis this time round and the Distemper Hepatitis and Parvo in 2 years time. I do not intend to have the titer test done at any time in the future as discussions with my Vet and Mr day suggest it is quite possible that the vaccine she has already received through her puppy shots are likely to last her her life time. Do you have your dog boosted every year Simbalove ? because as Iv'e said my vets recommendation is only every 3 years . A lot of my information has been from Canine Health Concern web site (a lot to read or better still download and read it more thoroughly at you leisure) Mr Days Alternative Vet site and various American Veterinary sites where even the drug Rymadyl (causing death in some dogs) has had bad reviews and that is given to our dogs for pain relief and anti-inflammatory. I am begining to feel a great deal of disappointment with our Vets over this and their reluctance to allow us the right to choose a different way by scaring us , not unlike insurance companies really, we all insure every possible thing that MIGHT go wrong in our houses these days , from burst pipes, gas boiler breakdown etc and how often do we make claims . Our dogs depend on us and we owe it to them to make 'informed ' decisions if you could read all the nasties that currently go in to the make-up of these vaccines and possible side effects which all though known are not instantly related to as vacinne reactions you would understand where I am coming from on this subject.Do you think Josh knows some thing you dont about boosters and thats why he attempted to escape!!!!!! Just a thought.Please read up about this then we can all have an informed debate and I won't feel as if I'm preaching. Nosodes although not proven to work do not have any side effects that will harm my dog and thats good enough for me.Here ends this lecture Nosodes and Tuppence Lol All questions will be answered to the best of my understanding . Nosodes and Tuppence Icon_study

x
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by x Wed May 19, 2010 8:12 pm

There is an interesting article in Dogs Today Magazine June issue on page 74 about Vaccination Statistics by Caroline O'Driscoll of Canine Health Concern well worth reading . She also say's that more kennels are accepting Titre test certificates rather than insisting on vaccination records, so it may seem that people are accepting the trend for non vaccination. She also mentions the use of Nosodes as an alternative.
I have this evening given my dog Tuppence her first raw meat meal Nosodes and Tuppence 47959 consisting of raw minced steak fresh steamed peas and cooked organic brown rice and she wolfed it down, I feel a little upset about allowing my veggie status to cloud the reality that she is a dog and they eat raw meat and I have denied her this pleasure in the past. So providing I dont wake up tomorrow to a dog with a bad stomach I shall be giving her what she naturally would eat from now on. Does anyone know of the correct ratio of ingredients I should be feeding?

x
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Wed May 19, 2010 9:02 pm

I suppose that the Titre test proves that the dog is carrying an immunity so should really be accepted Smile I think that the Titre test is important to make sure the nosode therapy is working - but saying that I DO know that the vaccination does not always work. I did look for that article my friend wrote - I cannot for the life of me find the letter she sent me with the info and I know that it was printed in one of the shih tzu newsletters but I went trhough them all and couldn't see it!! Sorry I will have another go when I get chance!

Not sure about ratios as I let a pet food company work it out and I don't feed one with rice in anyway or I could look on the bag. Oh hang on I have a cooked pack from the puppy .... Oh they are not much help :lol! I have two different kinds of cooked natural diet and they both say 60% meat, tehn one says 5% and the other 10% rice and then one says 5% veg and the other says 4% carrots and 2% peas!!! Ok obviously their strpomg point is not maths as 60 + 10+5 = 75% NOT 100% so what is the other25% Air??????

Josh's Natures Menu Banquet Nuggets contain:

32% ground whole chicken, 28% Tripe, 14% Lamb, 10% peas, 10% carrots, 3% liver and 3%Heart (Total 100% lol!)

Hope that gives you some idea - though there are some good books about BARF... and there is a BARF website! Although if you are feeding human mince you are not technically feeding BARF as there is no bone in there so you may need to supplement with bonemeal or vitamins and minerals. Some links for you Very Happy

http://www.barfworld.com/

http://www.ukbarfclub.co.uk/
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x Wed May 19, 2010 9:59 pm

Just read your web sites and it seems I'm ok as she does get a raw knuckle bone with plenty of meat on it three time a week plus I give her brewers yeast tablets as treats for her B vitamins. Still its an uphill struggle to get everything right first time, ground up bone is usually recommended if your dog is elderly with not so good teeth and unable to chew on bones. I would be very interested to read the article you have if you can find it.
Frozen Natures Menu is not easy to get here and the web site says you must spend £60 on an order so I'm reluctant to spend that amount if she wont eat it. Nosodes and Tuppence Lol Who am I kidding she's just devoured half a cow. I'll have to keep searching, someone round here must stock it!

x
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Thu May 20, 2010 11:47 am

Most pet shops will buy it in for you as they get their other frozen meat products from the same company and they don't have to have a minimum order of it now (they used to have to get 10 bags at a time) - also Pets at Home usually stock it Very Happy
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: